Backflow Prevention Device Inspection, Repair, Replacement, or Installation
A backflow prevention device is used to protect potable water supplies from contamination or pollution due to backflow.
In water supply systems, water is normally maintained at a significant pressure to enable water to flow from the tap, shower, or other fixture. Water pressure may fail or be reduced when a water main bursts, pipes freeze, or there is unexpectedly high demand on the water system (for example, when several fire hydrants are opened). Reduced pressure in the pipe may allow contaminated water from the soil, from storage, or from other sources to be drawn up into the system
Partial List of Backflow Prevention Devices
- Air gap
- Atmospheric vacuum breaker (AVB)
- Check valve (usually not a legally approved method of backflow prevention)
- Chemigation valve (primarily used in agriculture)
- Double check valve, or double check valve assembly (DCVA)
- Pressure vacuum breaker assembly (PVB)
- Reduced pressure zone device (RPZ)
- Spill resistant pressure vacuum breaker assembly (SPVB)
- Vacuum breaker
Inspection pricing varies in different municipalities and by size of device. Give us a call and we will be happy to provide a free quote.
Backflow Service Pricing
Square One Mechanical’s hourly labor rate for repair, replacement, or installation of Backflow Prevention Devices is $85.00 plus material and GST. We charge the first 30 minutes of on-site time as a one hour charge. This is to cover all of our travel time. We do not charge truck charges.